How Formalization Hinders Different Firm Innovativeness Types: Opening the Black Box with Evidence from a Service Industry
June 24, 2014 Editor 0
International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management, Ahead of Print.
The purpose of this paper is to analyze the effects of organizational formalization on the behavioral, market, product, and process types of firm innovativeness as well as the interplay between these different innovativeness types. Based on data collected through a survey of the financial services industry in Turkey, the analyses show that formalization directly hinders both behavioral and market innovativeness. Moreover, as behavioral innovativeness influences product and process innovativeness, formalization’s effect on these types of innovativeness are indirect. As expected, the study also finds that process innovativeness facilitates both product and market innovativeness and that product innovativeness foster market innovativeness. This study makes a contribution to the literature by examining the linkages between formalization in firms and the various firm innovativeness types, which have previously been studied only separately. The study thus provides a richer understanding of the relationship between formalization and firm innovativeness types.
Go to Source
- Business Model Innovation: Path to Greatness
- Wide-area smart grids with new smart units synchronized measurement analysis and control based on cloud computing platform
- South Africa’s leading energy provider brings clean, cost-effective solution to local market
- Information software new trend for local industry
- Translating biotechnology to knowledge-based innovation, peace, and development? Deploy a Science Peace Corps–an open letter to world leaders.
- Innovations for Agricultural Value Chains in Africa
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020