Pan African engineering body needed
June 6, 2014 Editor 0
The Federation of African Engineering Organisations (FAEO) is seeking the creation of an African Council of Engineering, which would be under the auspices of the African Union (AU). "We have to establish an oversight body to ensure professional standards," FAEO president Martin van Veelen told the 45th Plenary meeting of the National Science and Technology Forum on Friday. He highlighted that the United Nations was going to replace the current Millennium Development Goals with Sustainable Development Goals. Achieving such goals will require a competent and dedicated engineering corps. "Without a proper engineering profession, this [sustainable development] will not happen."
Go to Source
- Sustainable Business Initiatives Will Fail Unless Leaders Change Their Mindset
- Looping in local suppliers rather than forcing out international firms
- Project overcomes challenges to deliver mushroom and electricity from agro-industrial waste
- Africa: Mobile Phones On the Rise in Africa, Internet Use Inching Up
- Cure Your Company’s Allergy to Change
- Solar provides a roadmap for financing alternative energies. Will microfinance bite?
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021