The Influence of Perceived Innovation and Brand Awareness on Purchase Intention of Innovation Product — An Example of iphone
May 15, 2014 Editor 0
International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management, Volume 0, Issue 0, Ahead of Print.
As the number of mobile phone users has increased steadily in recent years, mobile phone manufacturers continuously compete to be the first to introduce innovative products to the market in the hope of gaining a larger market share. Currently, the innovation product has become the target of competition in the mobile phone industry. Thus, this study uses 3G mobile phone as an example, through literature review and empirical research to examine whether perceived innovation and brand awareness have a significant impact on the perceived quality, perceived value, and purchase intention toward innovation products. An analysis of 595 effective questionnaires produced five main findings: (i) consumer-perceived innovation has significant and positive impact on the perceived quality and purchase intention; (ii) brand awareness has significant and positive impact on the consumer-perceived quality; (iii) perceived quality has significant and positive impact on perceived value; (iv) consumer-perceived value has significant and positive impact on purchase intention; however, (v) consumer-perceived quality has significant and negative impact on purchase intention. Moreover, this study evidences that consumer-perceived innovation has higher effect on purchase intention than brand awareness. These results can provide useful information to mobile phone industry to carry out innovation planning and marketing strategy.
Go to Source
- Leveraging ‘suptech’ for financial inclusion in Rwanda
- Open Innovation Tackles NCDs in Africa
- UEA research reveals how farmers could mitigate nitrous oxide emissions
- Knowledge management in supporting collaborative innovation community capacity building
- Telemedicine, Telehealth, and Mobile Health Applications That Work: Opportunities and Barriers.
- The Hidden Danger of Being Risk-Averse
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020