Customer knowledge management, innovation capability, and business performance: a case study of the banking industry
May 1, 2014 Editor 0
Purpose – Customer knowledge management (CKM) emerges as an important and effective system for innovation capability and firm performance. However, the role of CKM in innovation and performance is not well understood. To fill this gap, this paper aims to examine the effect of CKM on continuous innovation and firm performance, in 35 Private Banks in Guilan (Iran).Design/methodology/approach – Via questionnaires, data have been collected from managers of private Banks in Guilan. Feedback is received from 265 managers in 350 distributed questionnaires, and hypotheses were tested using structural equation modelling (SEM).Findings – The results of this paper indicate that knowledge from customers has a positive impact on both innovation speed and innovation quality and also operational performance and financial performance. Also, our results demonstrate a different effect of knowledge about customer and knowledge for customer on various dimensions of innovation and firm performance. By using customer’s knowledge flows, firms will aware of external environment and new changes in customers’ needs and so will be more innovative and perform better.Practical implications – Customer Knowledge management is known as an important system to connecting internal environment to external environment in order to create novel ideas. The results of this paper shed light on the consequences of CKM on firms, and provide support for the importance of CKM to enhance innovation capacity and firm performance.Originality/value – This article is one of the first to find empirical support for the role of customer knowledge management within firms and its importance on innovation capability and firm performance. This study can provide valuable insights and guidance for researchers and managers as well.
Go to Source
- Analysts Want You to Innovate, Except When They Don’t
- Solar provides a roadmap for financing alternative energies. Will microfinance bite?
- Nanotechnology in agriculture: prospects and constraints.
- What can you do with the Raspberry Pi mini computer?
- The Benefits of Partnering with Universities in the Era of Open Innovation
- Angola: Angola Committed to Modernizing Telecommunications
Categories: Knowledge Management
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021