SA boosts research chairs initiative, reaffirms support for science
March 10, 2014 Editor 0
South African Deputy President Kgalema Motlanthe has reaffirmed government’s policy of funding scientific and other research. He was delivering the keynote address at the announcement of new research chairs in Pretoria on Friday. “I wish once again to confirm the government’s commitment to supporting your work, all the way,” he told the newly appointed professors. The announcement of the chairs marks the latest phase in the South African Research Chairs Initiative (SARChI). No fewer than 54 new such chairs were announced on Friday. “[S]ociety looks up to you,” he told the successful candidates, urging them to produce research, train students and help stimulate national development.
Go to Source
- Photovoltaic cells energy performance enhancement with down-converting photoluminescence phosphors
- Africa RISING takes part in preseason agribusiness networking forum in Tamale, Ghana
- Innovation : Key to meeting rising food demand.
- A pharyngeal jaw evolutionary innovation facilitated extinction in Lake Victoria cichlids.
- Open Innovation Community
- Empowerment and Entrepreneurship: A Theoretical Framework
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020