South Africa: Using Animation to Make Sense of Big Data
March 8, 2014 Editor 0
[Biz-Community]Big data is the name that has been given to the data management phenomenon that is changing the way we live and work. As a species, we produce a staggering amount of information. For example, a modern airliner carries more lines of code than it has parts, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN) produces forty TB of data per second, and even loyalty schemes run by large retailers can generate astounding quantities of data.
Go to Source
- IT Conversations that Matter: Leveraging IT to Support Growth
- Understanding and Managing Knowledge Loss
- Understanding the challenges of uptake and increasing awareness of mAgric innovations – Wireless Wednesday
- What’s Your ICT4D Cyber Threat Model?
- Why financial inclusion matters
- An Overview of Digital Jobs Africa
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021