Team Proactivity as a Linking Mechanism between Team Creative Efficacy, Transformational Leadership, and Risk-Taking Norms and Team Creative Performance
March 4, 2014 Editor 0
Despite the growing body of research on creativity in team contexts, very few attempts have been made to explore the team-level antecedents and the mediating processes of team creative performance on the basis of a theoretical framework. To address this gap, drawing on Paulus and Dzindolet’s (2008) group creativity model, this study proposed team creative efficacy, transformational leadership, and risk-taking norms as antecedents of team creative performance and team proactivity as an intervening mechanism between these relationships. The results of team-level regression analyses conducted on the leaders and members of 103 Korean work teams showed that team creative efficacy and risk-taking norms were positively associated with team creative performance. Furthermore, the relationships between team creative efficacy and team creative performance and between risk-taking norms and team creative performance were mediated by team proactivity. These findings offer new insights regarding the antecedents and the mediator of creative performance in team contexts and important implications for theory and practice.
- Knowledge Integration in Distributed Product Development
- Using Global Insights to Drive Local Innovation
- An insight into agri-food supply chains: a review
- How To Really Measure a Company’s Innovation Prowess
- Towards a knowledge-based view of firm innovation. Theory and empirical research
- Business Model innovation – what if all our beliefs were overturned?
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021