Uganda: Newest Utility – Pay-As-You-Go Solar Power
March 3, 2014 Editor 0
[VOA]Kampala -In Uganda, telecom provider MTN and a company called Fenix are gearing up this year for a nationwide rollout of pre-paid electricity, similar to pre-paid airtime, but using solar kits. Uganda has one of the lowest electrification rates in Africa – a continent where some 600 million people are off the power grid.
Go to Source
- Technology showcases in Africa RISING Phase II in Ethiopia
- Intrapreneurship: Innovating from Within
- Knowledge protection in knowledge-intensive business services
- Project on wastewater treatment technologies in Tanzania seeks to transform agro-processing industry in eastern Africa
- Should customers be closed out of Open Innovation?
- Africa: Science in Public Conference
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020