Uganda: Newest Utility – Pay-As-You-Go Solar Power
March 3, 2014 Editor 0
[VOA]Kampala -In Uganda, telecom provider MTN and a company called Fenix are gearing up this year for a nationwide rollout of pre-paid electricity, similar to pre-paid airtime, but using solar kits. Uganda has one of the lowest electrification rates in Africa – a continent where some 600 million people are off the power grid.
Go to Source
- How to pitch a business case – learn from these champions: 10 videos – 20 tips
- Women in tech drive change in the Middle East
- Multidimensional crop improvement research on grain legumes in Ethiopia
- Knowledge Acquisition: The Roles of Perceived Value of Knowledge Content and Source
- Is it Human Nature to Stifle Big Ideas?
- Firms’ Resource Deployment and Project Leadership in Open Source Software Development
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021