Crowdsourcing Feedback to Improve Healthcare Systems
February 25, 2014 Editor 0
Co-authored by: Yvonne Nkrumah and Julia Mensah (WBIHS)
“Technology made large populations possible; large populations now make technology indispensable”
These words by renowned American writer, Joseph Wood Krutch, are true today as they were more than 40 years ago. From communities in Bangalore, India to Soroti, Uganda, citizens—even in rural communities—are leveraging the power of technology to provide critical information on service delivery, an essential input for reform.
In August 2013, the World Bank Group partnered with UNICEF Uganda and the Medicines Transparency Alliance (Uganda), to leverage two platforms – U-report (http://ureport.ug/) and mTrac (http://www.mtrac.ug). The use of these SMS-based platforms helped generate real-time information from both citizens and health providers, providing critical evidence on service delivery.
- The Technology of Nonviolence: How cellphones and crowdsourcing are saving lives and livelihoods
- The Death of Innovation Crowdsourcing (As We Know It)!
- Management Learning, Performance and Reward: Theory and Practice Revisited
- The wisdom of crowds: The potential of online communities as a tool for data analysis
- Facebook is the internet in Africa: We take a look at its ambitious plans to connect the next billion users
- UN’s first data analysis lab in Africa — the innovations lab you didn’t know about
A systematic review of the literature on self-management interventions and discussion of their potential relevance for people living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa. MeerKAT radio telescope dish foundations completed
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021