Crowdsourcing Feedback to Improve Healthcare Systems
February 25, 2014 Editor 0
Co-authored by: Yvonne Nkrumah and Julia Mensah (WBIHS)
“Technology made large populations possible; large populations now make technology indispensable”
These words by renowned American writer, Joseph Wood Krutch, are true today as they were more than 40 years ago. From communities in Bangalore, India to Soroti, Uganda, citizens—even in rural communities—are leveraging the power of technology to provide critical information on service delivery, an essential input for reform.
In August 2013, the World Bank Group partnered with UNICEF Uganda and the Medicines Transparency Alliance (Uganda), to leverage two platforms – U-report (http://ureport.ug/) and mTrac (http://www.mtrac.ug). The use of these SMS-based platforms helped generate real-time information from both citizens and health providers, providing critical evidence on service delivery.
- The Technology of Nonviolence: How cellphones and crowdsourcing are saving lives and livelihoods
- The Death of Innovation Crowdsourcing (As We Know It)!
- The Age of Social Products
- R&D survey is a chance to move African science forward
- Implementing Open Innovation in the Public Sector
- Mobile Innovation from the field: We can now talk directly with students, teachers and parents in Uganda
A systematic review of the literature on self-management interventions and discussion of their potential relevance for people living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa. MeerKAT radio telescope dish foundations completed
Subscribe to our stories
- Virtual reality as an urban tourism destination marketing tool January 26, 2020
- Exploring VR experiences of tourists' attachment to a rural destination January 26, 2020
- Sustainable intensification: Is a systems perspective essential for integrated crop-livestock systems? January 16, 2020
- Disseminating maize agronomy technologies using interactive voice response in Malawi–the opportunities and pitfalls January 12, 2020
- Towards a communication-based typology of management control modes: showing the relevance of communicative action for entrepreneurial settings December 24, 2019