Innovation Management: A Breakthrough Approach to Organizational Excellence – Part 1
February 13, 2014 Editor 0
There is an ongoing need to explore opportunities and build a healthy and prosperous future, create new revenue streams and wealth, discover new solutions, and transform our organizations, industries, and societies. This need leads us to focus on innovation management. Through innovation management, order can be found in chaos, while nations, industries and economies can be pulled out of crisis. This will lead to a new foundation for growth and prosperity, which may be realized sooner rather than later.
Despite the growing awareness that innovation is the only sustainable source of growth, competitive advantage, and new wealth, the Council on Competitive Report (2008) and a recent Arthur D. Little survey of 700 global companies and their executives, found fewer than 25 percent of the companies believe innovation performance is where it needs to be if they are to be successful in the competitive global marketplace. Having tried endless alternatives, company leaders are now ready to accept innovation management as a key operational discipline, just as in the past they adopted the disciplines of quality, strategic planning, and performance management systems.
Innovation management is not a new concept in most organizations. However, the old tried and true ways, even those that may have worked in the past, are no longer adequate for the organizations of tomorrow. Across the board, organizations are engaged in new and exciting experiments to reinvent the way they conceptualize and create the future, because the old business-as-usual approaches have not produced the desired results.
- Content Type Journal Article
- Category Research Article
- Pages 213-224
- DOI 10.1260/1757-2188.8.131.52
- H. James Harrington
- Frank Voehl
- Journal International Journal of Innovation Science
- Print ISSN 1757-2223
- Journal Volume Volume 5
- Journal Issue Volume 5, Number 4 / December 2013
Related articles across the web
- Incorporating Innovation into Iterative Software Development Using the Inventive Problem Solving Methodology
- 10 Books for Entrepreneurial Summer Reading
- Balancing Innovation Via Organizational Ambidexterity
- Translating biotechnology to knowledge-based innovation, peace, and development? Deploy a Science Peace Corps–an open letter to world leaders.
- Building Business Models
- 27 options to find revenues for your new idea
- A New Model to Chip Away at the Infrastructure Financing Gap: Brazil Leads the Way
- Ancient wisdom boosts sustainability of biotech cotton
- Seminar: Open Innovation and Corporate Entrepreneurship
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020