Quotable: Bill Gates debunks 3 myths about the world’s poor
February 10, 2014 Editor 0
Myth 1: Poor countries are doomed to stay poor.
“The easiest way to respond to the myth that poor countries are doomed to stay poor is to point to one fact: They haven’t stayed poor.”
— Bill Gates.
Find out details and read how Gates debunks two more myths in his 2014 annual letter.Gates points to community health systems in “poor” countries as a cost-effective way to land a large impact. Photo: Cassandra Nelson for Mercy Corps.
Related articles across the web
- Gates: Don’t buy into progress-blocking myths
- Bill Gates predicts there will be almost no poor countries by 2035
- What It Takes to Win: Extreme Lessons from Polar Explorers
- Gates tells G20 innovation is the key to development
- Insights into plant growth could curb need for fertilizers
- Power management strategies and energy storage needs to increase the operability of photovoltaic plants
- Management Development and Co-Production: Myths and Realities
- CoCIS Open Day: Showcasing Innovations
Tags: bill gates
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020