ACIA 2014: UCC is looking for Uganda’s next biggest ICT Innovator
February 6, 2014 Editor 0
The Executive Director of the Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) Godfrey Mutabazi yesterday announced the 2014 ACIA Awards at an event at the UCC headquarters in Kampala. Established in 2010 the awards seek to provide a platform to recognize outstanding innovations from local companies, groups or individuals in the development and adoption of ICTs in Uganda.
ACIA is open to a diverse range of applicants to compete in the different categories as appropriate.
Individual Students or a group/team currently enrolled in secondary school or tertiary/vocational institutions,
Micro, small, medium and large enterprises, UCC licensees/operators,
Academia, Civil Society Organizations – CSOs (e.g. Faith Based Organisations – FBOs, Non-Governmental Organisations – NGOs, and Community Based Organisations – CBOs are all eligible to apply
Digital Content Award
ICT for Development Award
Service Excellence Award
Business Excellence Award
Young ICT Innovators award
Godfrey challenged Ugandans to develop solutions to local challenges rather than always being on the receiving end of technology. He cited the example of Mobile money believed to have been created in Kenya and how it has solved various local problems and gained international recognition. He’s quoted saying,
UCC has a statutory mandate to promote research and development in the sector. In fulfilment of this mandate, UCC has adopted a number of strategies including provision of funding support, raising awareness about research and innovation, providing platforms to facilitate linkages between private and public innovation actors.
For more information on how to apply visit the ACIA website
The post ACIA 2014: UCC is looking for Uganda’s next biggest ICT Innovator appeared first on TechPost.
- For the Love of Gaming
- Nigeria: Nigerian Academy of Science to Partner NEITI to Improve Oil Industry Metering System
- 5 Reasons to Use Open SIM Kit to Modify Mobile Phone SIM Cards
- Crowdsourcing Campaign: How can ICT help to end poverty in your country?
- Coconut oil shows promise in the prevention of deadly bloodstream infection
- SMEs are good business for Kenya’s growing banking sector
Better knowledge for better innovation policies: the new Innovation Policy Platform Africa: Consider Disability At the Outset, Tech Designer Told
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
Popular Post-All time
- A review on biomass-based... 1k views
- Can blockchain disrupt ge... 808 views
- Apply Now: $500,000 for Y... 806 views
- Test Your Value Propositi... 759 views
- Prize-winning projects pr... 727 views