ACIA 2014: UCC is looking for Uganda’s next biggest ICT Innovator
February 6, 2014 Editor 0
The Executive Director of the Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) Godfrey Mutabazi yesterday announced the 2014 ACIA Awards at an event at the UCC headquarters in Kampala. Established in 2010 the awards seek to provide a platform to recognize outstanding innovations from local companies, groups or individuals in the development and adoption of ICTs in Uganda.
ACIA is open to a diverse range of applicants to compete in the different categories as appropriate.
Individual Students or a group/team currently enrolled in secondary school or tertiary/vocational institutions,
Micro, small, medium and large enterprises, UCC licensees/operators,
Academia, Civil Society Organizations – CSOs (e.g. Faith Based Organisations – FBOs, Non-Governmental Organisations – NGOs, and Community Based Organisations – CBOs are all eligible to apply
Digital Content Award
ICT for Development Award
Service Excellence Award
Business Excellence Award
Young ICT Innovators award
Godfrey challenged Ugandans to develop solutions to local challenges rather than always being on the receiving end of technology. He cited the example of Mobile money believed to have been created in Kenya and how it has solved various local problems and gained international recognition. He’s quoted saying,
UCC has a statutory mandate to promote research and development in the sector. In fulfilment of this mandate, UCC has adopted a number of strategies including provision of funding support, raising awareness about research and innovation, providing platforms to facilitate linkages between private and public innovation actors.
For more information on how to apply visit the ACIA website
The post ACIA 2014: UCC is looking for Uganda’s next biggest ICT Innovator appeared first on TechPost.
- How Technology Can Support Migratory Children and Youth
- Impact of Development and Efficiency of Financial Sector on Economic Growth: Empirical Evidence from Developing Countries
- First gasoline produced by bioliq pilot plant
- Kenyan incubator could turn students’ ideas into gold
- Africa: Open-Source Opens Up Architecture for the Poor
- Ethiopia crop and livestock rapid value chain assessments published
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020