Can e-business adoption be influenced by knowledge management? An empirical analysis of Malaysian SMEs
January 31, 2014 Editor 0
Purpose – The aim of this research paper is to evaluate the effect of knowledge management on the adoption of the e-business in the supply chain of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Malaysia.Design/methodology/approach – Questionnaires were distributed to 200 Malaysian SMEs with a response rate of 68%. Data were analyzed by employing multiple regression analysis.
Findings – The results showed that knowledge management processes such as knowledge acquisition and knowledge application are significant in affecting Malaysian SMEs’ decision to adopt e-business in their supply chain. Knowledge dissemination was found not be significant in affecting the adoption of e-business among Malaysian SMEs.Practical implications – This study has addressed the previous lack of literatures on the relationship between knowledge management processes and e-business adoption among Malaysian SMEs.
Originality/value – Although existing literatures have shown a relationship between knowledge management processes and technology adoption, this study empirically verify an adoption model based on knowledge management processes. SMEs can use this model to do a pre-test baseline measurement and reassessment of effect by any KM changes on e-business adoption periodically. Organizations planning to adopt e-business would also be able to apply strategies based on the findings from this research.
Go to Source
- Mechanics of humanitarian supply chain agility and resilience and its empirical validation
- Addictive supply chains: Why Nestle can’t quit child labor
- The factory of the future
- What Happened to the Innovation, Disruption, Technology’ Dividend?
- Why the supply chain is as important as the value chain
- Effective healthcare management in India – the role of knowledge management
Categories: Knowledge Management
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020