Can e-business adoption be influenced by knowledge management? An empirical analysis of Malaysian SMEs
January 31, 2014 Editor 0
Purpose – The aim of this research paper is to evaluate the effect of knowledge management on the adoption of the e-business in the supply chain of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Malaysia.Design/methodology/approach – Questionnaires were distributed to 200 Malaysian SMEs with a response rate of 68%. Data were analyzed by employing multiple regression analysis.
Findings – The results showed that knowledge management processes such as knowledge acquisition and knowledge application are significant in affecting Malaysian SMEs’ decision to adopt e-business in their supply chain. Knowledge dissemination was found not be significant in affecting the adoption of e-business among Malaysian SMEs.Practical implications – This study has addressed the previous lack of literatures on the relationship between knowledge management processes and e-business adoption among Malaysian SMEs.
Originality/value – Although existing literatures have shown a relationship between knowledge management processes and technology adoption, this study empirically verify an adoption model based on knowledge management processes. SMEs can use this model to do a pre-test baseline measurement and reassessment of effect by any KM changes on e-business adoption periodically. Organizations planning to adopt e-business would also be able to apply strategies based on the findings from this research.
Go to Source
- Mechanics of humanitarian supply chain agility and resilience and its empirical validation
- Addictive supply chains: Why Nestle can’t quit child labor
- The factory of the future
- What Happened to the Innovation, Disruption, Technology’ Dividend?
- Why the supply chain is as important as the value chain
- Effective healthcare management in India – the role of knowledge management
Categories: Knowledge Management
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021