Can e-business adoption be influenced by knowledge management? An empirical analysis of Malaysian SMEs
January 31, 2014 Editor 0
Purpose – The aim of this research paper is to evaluate the effect of knowledge management on the adoption of the e-business in the supply chain of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Malaysia.Design/methodology/approach – Questionnaires were distributed to 200 Malaysian SMEs with a response rate of 68%. Data were analyzed by employing multiple regression analysis.
Findings – The results showed that knowledge management processes such as knowledge acquisition and knowledge application are significant in affecting Malaysian SMEs’ decision to adopt e-business in their supply chain. Knowledge dissemination was found not be significant in affecting the adoption of e-business among Malaysian SMEs.Practical implications – This study has addressed the previous lack of literatures on the relationship between knowledge management processes and e-business adoption among Malaysian SMEs.
Originality/value – Although existing literatures have shown a relationship between knowledge management processes and technology adoption, this study empirically verify an adoption model based on knowledge management processes. SMEs can use this model to do a pre-test baseline measurement and reassessment of effect by any KM changes on e-business adoption periodically. Organizations planning to adopt e-business would also be able to apply strategies based on the findings from this research.
Go to Source
- Mechanics of humanitarian supply chain agility and resilience and its empirical validation
- Cost management skills among the owners of Malaysian small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the era of globalisation
- Organizational unlearning and organizational relearning: a dynamic process of knowledge management
- Organizational Learning And Knowledge Creation Processes In SMEs
- Towards a knowledge-based view of firm innovation. Theory and empirical research
- Supply Chain Management Practices as a Support to Innovation in SMEs
Categories: Knowledge Management
Subscribe to our stories
- In pictures: the 2019 Africa RISING Tanzania monitoring visit August 30, 2019
- Active Internationalization of Software Enterprises: Scale Development and Validation August 30, 2019
- The Manager’s Guide to Leveraging Disruption August 30, 2019
- Key take-aways from a recent Africa RISING exchange visit in Ghana August 30, 2019
- Device that recycles vaporized water from power plants wins MIT $100K May 28, 2019