Roadconexion wants to provide Ugandan Road users with real-time crowd-sourced traffic information
December 5, 2013 Editor 0
Roadconexion is a new mobile web application that lets you access real-time traffic information on all major roads (currently in Uganda only)
The mobile web App which first won the Tech4Governance hackathon last month has been launched today by a team of 8 developers and graphic designers at Hive Colab which is a coworking space for innovators in Kampala.
Lynn Asiimwe, the lead developer on the project said she hates being in traffic and that’s the reason they built the App.
The App currently runs on all major mobile browsers and lets mobile road users submit road status such as road repairs, accidents, traffic jam on almost any road mapped on Google maps. Users simply login using their Twitter or Facebook accounts for the first time, after which they receive real-time traffic information from other road users.
The App goes head-on against traffic Apps like Waze which as recently bought by Google at $1B and Kenya’s Ma3route except that Roadconexion has started out with a mobile web App to cover even the most basic feature phones.
However, team hopes to roll out a native Android and iOS version of the App which in the coming weeks and monetize once they reach critical mass of users.
Get started by visiting www.roadconexion.com on your mobile device or tweet your traffic updates with the hashtag #rdxug and the App will automatically pick them up. Also follow them on Twitter and Facebook.
The post Roadconexion wants to provide Ugandan Road users with real-time crowd-sourced traffic information appeared first on TechPost.
- UN’s first data analysis lab in Africa — the innovations lab you didn’t know about
- Big steps toward Ghana’s digital future
- Aren’t Medicine and Water More Important Than Telecommunications?
- Will Google and Facebook Drive the Drone Agenda in International Development?
- All things to all people: what the Internet means to our lives
- Lessons Learned From Working Firsthand in Malawi’s ICT Sector
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021