Roadconexion wants to provide Ugandan Road users with real-time crowd-sourced traffic information
December 5, 2013 Editor 0
Roadconexion is a new mobile web application that lets you access real-time traffic information on all major roads (currently in Uganda only)
The mobile web App which first won the Tech4Governance hackathon last month has been launched today by a team of 8 developers and graphic designers at Hive Colab which is a coworking space for innovators in Kampala.
Lynn Asiimwe, the lead developer on the project said she hates being in traffic and that’s the reason they built the App.
The App currently runs on all major mobile browsers and lets mobile road users submit road status such as road repairs, accidents, traffic jam on almost any road mapped on Google maps. Users simply login using their Twitter or Facebook accounts for the first time, after which they receive real-time traffic information from other road users.
The App goes head-on against traffic Apps like Waze which as recently bought by Google at $1B and Kenya’s Ma3route except that Roadconexion has started out with a mobile web App to cover even the most basic feature phones.
However, team hopes to roll out a native Android and iOS version of the App which in the coming weeks and monetize once they reach critical mass of users.
Get started by visiting www.roadconexion.com on your mobile device or tweet your traffic updates with the hashtag #rdxug and the App will automatically pick them up. Also follow them on Twitter and Facebook.
The post Roadconexion wants to provide Ugandan Road users with real-time crowd-sourced traffic information appeared first on TechPost.
- UN’s first data analysis lab in Africa — the innovations lab you didn’t know about
- Proggie.ug is your go to guide for all events in Kampala
- A million ways to get rich, choose one –Startapp or Startup?
- Africa: Empowering the Disabled Through Elearning
- Kenya: Counties Should Embrace ICT – Kagwe
- Makerere reaps over 9 PALITA Awards 2013
Subscribe to our stories
- Virtual reality as an urban tourism destination marketing tool January 26, 2020
- Exploring VR experiences of tourists' attachment to a rural destination January 26, 2020
- Sustainable intensification: Is a systems perspective essential for integrated crop-livestock systems? January 16, 2020
- Disseminating maize agronomy technologies using interactive voice response in Malawi–the opportunities and pitfalls January 12, 2020
- Towards a communication-based typology of management control modes: showing the relevance of communicative action for entrepreneurial settings December 24, 2019