Coopetition within and between value networks – a typology and a modelling framework
December 3, 2013 Editor 0
This study develops a typology of coopetition in value networks, wherein a distinction is made based on two factors. Firstly, whether coopetition takes place inside a particular value network (i.e., intra-value network coopetition) or between value networks (i.e., inter-value network coopetition); and secondly, whether the nature of collaboration is focused on value leveraging or value co-creation. We present empirical examples from the global ICT sector (Amazon Services, Amazon Marketplace, AIM Alliance, and Windows Mobile Community) to illustrate the four categories identified in the typology. Each example is graphically represented using a modelling framework in order to aid the understanding of various organisational and network structures that can accommodate coopetition as a complex inter-organisational relationship. We suggest that the developed typology and modelling methodology can help researchers and practitioners to better grasp and communicate the role and benefits as well as the network and organisational structures of coopetition within and between value networks.
Go to Source
- Editorial – From paradox to practice: the rise of coopetition strategies
- Big steps toward Ghana’s digital future
- Aren’t Medicine and Water More Important Than Telecommunications?
- Will Google and Facebook Drive the Drone Agenda in International Development?
- All things to all people: what the Internet means to our lives
- Lessons Learned From Working Firsthand in Malawi’s ICT Sector
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021