Online Legal Service Provider, Barefootlaw introduces Live Video conferencing solution
December 2, 2013 Editor 0
Disruptive online Legal service provider — BarefootLaw – is rolling out an innovative video conferencing solution dubbed ”BAREFOOTLAW V-COUNSEL” which will enable it combat the challenging problem of lack of adequate legal access across the country.
BarefootLaw has been using social media and disruptive technologies to provide [free] legal services to the masses majorly in Uganda for the past 2 years. BarefootLaw is the first online Legal Service Provider in East Africa, and is a Community Service Organization, fully registered in Uganda as a company limited by guarantee, managed and run by Lawyers trained in various aspects of law and dedicated to timely responses to any query that users may have. According to their “About us” Facebook page, their mandate is to use available tools of Information Technology to disseminate the law services and education cost effectively.
The organization has excelled at using ICTs to bring legal services to the common man to the extend of scoping an award at the recently conducted “Social media awards” in Uganda.
With the ”BAREFOOTLAW V-COUNSEL” which essentially is a LIVE VIDEO CONFERENCING facility between their Kampala offices and Remote areas, the organization hopes to engage in Live Video Interactions with Rural and Upcountry communities especially for Legal Education, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Mediation, Arbitration and Community mobilization.
The post Online Legal Service Provider, Barefootlaw introduces Live Video conferencing solution appeared first on TechPost.
- Big steps toward Ghana’s digital future
- Aren’t Medicine and Water More Important Than Telecommunications?
- Will Google and Facebook Drive the Drone Agenda in International Development?
- All things to all people: what the Internet means to our lives
- Lessons Learned From Working Firsthand in Malawi’s ICT Sector
- The One Thing Everyone Should Do Now to Improve Program M&E
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021