MTN Uganda launches another Mobile Money ATM cash out service in partnership with Interswitch
December 2, 2013 Editor 0
MTN Uganda, the leading Mobile Money network, has partnered with Interswitch Uganda to further increase their ATM Cash out footprint by allowing customers to cash out at all Interswitch’s ATMs across the country. Interswitch Uganda, is one of East Africa’s leading integrated payments companies.
MTN Mobile Money customers can now generate a four digit TIN by dialling *165# from their mobile phone which can then be used at any Interswitch ATM across Uganda on a 24/7 basis to access their money.
Speaking at the launch at Serena Hotel, MTN Uganda’s Chief Marketing Officer, Ernst Fonternel, underscored MTN’s mission of making the lives of its customers a whole lot brighter through convenient and cost effective solutions such as access to MTN Mobile Money through ATM platforms.
“MTN Uganda’s market leadership continues to be driven by our investment in extensive coverage coupled by superior quality on Voice and Data, while offering innovative Value Added Services and putting customers first”.
Fonternel welcomed the partnership with Interswitch: “We are very pleased to be entering into this partnership with Interswitch which will give our customers significantly improved access to their money on a fast growing network of ATMs across Uganda.”
Interswitch Chief Executive Officer Muyiwa Asagba said, “We are delighted to be working with MTN Uganda to provide their customers with even greater access to their money via the MTN Mobile Money platform. At Interswitch we are firmly committed to rolling out our electronic payment and transactions services across Uganda. This agreement is the latest step in our mission to improve convenience, financial inclusion and encourage even faster economic growth across the continent.”
He added that the agreement forms part of Interswitch’s African expansion plans. Interswitch is committed to providing solutions that address local challenges by providing convenient and cutting-edge electronic payment and transaction services.
According to the Central Bank, Mobile Money transactions totaled Ushs 11.7 trillion in 2012, which was a 211% increase since 2011. MTN continues to lead Mobile Money in Uganda with almost 5 million registered users since their launch in 2009.
MTN Uganda has enjoyed unprecedented success since it was launched 4 years ago, now recording in excess of 25 million transactions each month. As per the GSMA 2012 Global Mobile Money adoption survey, MTN Uganda ranks 2nd in terms of number of active Mobile Money customer accounts in the world.
Image: MTN Chief Marketing Officer Ernst Fonternel shakes hands with Interswitch Uganda Chief Executive Officer Muyiwa Asagba after the announcement at Serena Hotel this morning.
The post MTN Uganda launches another Mobile Money ATM cash out service in partnership with Interswitch appeared first on TechPost.
- Technology Questions Every CMO Must Ask
- The Vital Entrepreneurial Learning Organization: A Corporate Mindset for Entrepreneurial Change Management
- 7 African Mobile Phone Service Tariffs and Bundles
- Rethinking SME Finance Policy – harnessing technology and innovation
- Why Is an App Worth as Much as a Small Oil Field?
- Commercializing public research: One of the core subjects of the Innovation Policy Platform
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021