Slideshow: 8 Facts about Financial Inclusion and Gender
November 29, 2013 Editor 0
Though the gender gap is alive and well among the world’s poor, one interesting fact from this slideshow is that women are more involved than men in informal savings at a rate of 53 percent, compared to 43 percent of men.
Click through below:Giving women access can help empower them to rise out of poverty while building the local economy. Photo: S. Shakya for Mercy Corps.
- Henry Chesbrough Named One of Top Management Thinkers
- The economic cost of gender inequality
- The Impact of Gender on Start-up Capital: A Case of Women Entrepreneurs in South Africa
- Action, not words, will empower Africa’s women scientists
- The Best (and Worst) Countries to Be a Woman
- Quotable: Universal financial access by 2020 is possible
Subscribe to our stories
- Virtual reality as an urban tourism destination marketing tool January 26, 2020
- Exploring VR experiences of tourists' attachment to a rural destination January 26, 2020
- Sustainable intensification: Is a systems perspective essential for integrated crop-livestock systems? January 16, 2020
- Disseminating maize agronomy technologies using interactive voice response in Malawi–the opportunities and pitfalls January 12, 2020
- Towards a communication-based typology of management control modes: showing the relevance of communicative action for entrepreneurial settings December 24, 2019