Slideshow: 8 Facts about Financial Inclusion and Gender
November 29, 2013 Editor 0
Though the gender gap is alive and well among the world’s poor, one interesting fact from this slideshow is that women are more involved than men in informal savings at a rate of 53 percent, compared to 43 percent of men.
Click through below:Giving women access can help empower them to rise out of poverty while building the local economy. Photo: S. Shakya for Mercy Corps.
- Henry Chesbrough Named One of Top Management Thinkers
- The economic cost of gender inequality
- The Impact of Gender on Start-up Capital: A Case of Women Entrepreneurs in South Africa
- Action, not words, will empower Africa’s women scientists
- The Best (and Worst) Countries to Be a Woman
- Quotable: Universal financial access by 2020 is possible
Subscribe to our stories
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018
- Three years in a row: Mauritania continues to excel in its Doing Business performance May 27, 2018
- Africa RISING farming technologies reach 60,000 households in Ethiopia May 27, 2018
- 7 questions to ask before you launch an enterprise blockchain project May 27, 2018