Slideshow: 8 Facts about Financial Inclusion and Gender
November 29, 2013 Editor 0
Though the gender gap is alive and well among the world’s poor, one interesting fact from this slideshow is that women are more involved than men in informal savings at a rate of 53 percent, compared to 43 percent of men.
Click through below:Giving women access can help empower them to rise out of poverty while building the local economy. Photo: S. Shakya for Mercy Corps.
- Henry Chesbrough Named One of Top Management Thinkers
- The economic cost of gender inequality
- The Impact of Gender on Start-up Capital: A Case of Women Entrepreneurs in South Africa
- Action, not words, will empower Africa’s women scientists
- The Best (and Worst) Countries to Be a Woman
- Quotable: Universal financial access by 2020 is possible
Subscribe to our stories
- In pictures: the 2019 Africa RISING Tanzania monitoring visit August 30, 2019
- Active Internationalization of Software Enterprises: Scale Development and Validation August 30, 2019
- The Manager’s Guide to Leveraging Disruption August 30, 2019
- Key take-aways from a recent Africa RISING exchange visit in Ghana August 30, 2019
- Device that recycles vaporized water from power plants wins MIT $100K May 28, 2019