3D printing community rallies to create $5 hand for kid
November 27, 2013 Editor 0
A congenital birth defect left Leon McCarthy without fingers on his left hand. A very expensive custom-designed prosthetic was out of the question, but 3D printing allowed them to create one for about $5 in materials.
Go to Source
- Please RSVP Now: Is 3D Printing a Relevant Technology for Development?
- 3D printing: Pimp my ride
- CU-Boulder researchers develop 4-D printing technology for composite materials
- A pilot biomedical engineering course in rapid prototyping for mobile health.
- Marcelo Coelho and Colin Raney on 3D printing and the digital manufacturing revolution
- 3D PRINTING IN DRUG DELIVERY FORMULATION: YOU CAN DREAM IT, DESIGN IT AND PRINT IT. HOW ABOUT PATENT IT?
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020