3D printing community rallies to create $5 hand for kid
November 27, 2013 Editor 0
A congenital birth defect left Leon McCarthy without fingers on his left hand. A very expensive custom-designed prosthetic was out of the question, but 3D printing allowed them to create one for about $5 in materials.
Go to Source
- Please RSVP Now: Is 3D Printing a Relevant Technology for Development?
- CU-Boulder researchers develop 4-D printing technology for composite materials
- 3D printing: Pimp my ride
- A pilot biomedical engineering course in rapid prototyping for mobile health.
- Motorola inks 3D printing deal for customizable smartphone parts
- Inventing HP in 3D
Subscribe to our stories
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018
- Three years in a row: Mauritania continues to excel in its Doing Business performance May 27, 2018
- Africa RISING farming technologies reach 60,000 households in Ethiopia May 27, 2018
- 7 questions to ask before you launch an enterprise blockchain project May 27, 2018