Sustainable development with renewable energy resources: a review
November 20, 2013 Editor 0
The most visible effects of the sustainable development movement are found in several global issues such as the greenhouse effect, stratospheric ozone depletion, and loss of biodiversity. Combustion of fossil fuels and global warming are closely associated with each other. There is an urgent need to replace fossil fuels to renewable energy sources. Renewable energy is one of the few means by which significant cuts in greenhouse emissions can be made, utilising existing proven technology. In this paper, attempt has been made to explore the scope of renewable energy for domestic, industrial and commercial applications. It includes solar energy for cooking, water heating, drying and electricity generation by the photovoltaic system. Biodiesel and ethanol production and its applications for transportation have also been included. Brief remarks on hydrogen, fuel cell tidal and wave energy has also been included in this communication.
Go to Source
- Going green with your devices: Could the sun be the answer to our power deficient smartphones?
- How CO2 emissions structure evolves with the process of industrialisation
- One-stop shop for biofuels
- The Role of the Complementary Sector and its Relationship with Network Formation and Government Policies in Emerging Sectors: The Case of Solar Photovoltaics Between 2001 and 2009
- New possibilities for efficient biofuel production
- Project overcomes challenges to deliver mushroom and electricity from agro-industrial waste
Subscribe to our stories
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018
- Three years in a row: Mauritania continues to excel in its Doing Business performance May 27, 2018
- Africa RISING farming technologies reach 60,000 households in Ethiopia May 27, 2018
- 7 questions to ask before you launch an enterprise blockchain project May 27, 2018