RSVP Now for Fail Festival 2013: A Celebration of Failure in Development
November 12, 2013 Editor 0
Failure is the f-word of international development. Unspoken in polite company, but a reality in our work. We’re often in market failure environments, so who are we to expect success 100% of the time?
That’s why its time for Fail Festival DC 2013 – a celebration of failure as a mark of leadership, innovation, and risk-taking in pushing the boundaries of what is possible in scaling ideas from pilots to global programs. We are on a mission to make failure acceptable in development discussions. There is great value in examining our mistakes and learning from failure as we go beyond the easy and the simple.
Please RSVP now to join us – audience participation is not only encouraged, it is mandatory! We are all peers and none of us is perfect. Expect much laughter as we navel-gaze at where we have all gone wrong in international development. We will have singing, we will have dancing, and we may just learn how now to star in next year’s Fail Festival!
Fail Festival DC 2013 will be hosted by FHI360 on Thursday, December 5th, in Academy Hall. We will have light refreshments to lubricate the conversation and there will be an after-party to continue the celebration.Fail Festival DC 2013
Thursday, December 5th
FHI360 Academy Hall
1825 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington DC 20009.
Featured Presenters (so far – and why not you?)
- Dr. Tessie San Martin, CEO, Plan International USA
- Sean McDonald, CEO, FrontlineSMS
- Merrick Schaefer, Senior Innovation Specialist, World Bank
- Ashley Good, CEO, Fail Forward
- Nick Martin, President, TechChange
- Josh Haynes, Senior Development Technologist, USAID
- Ian Schuler, Founder, New Rights Group
Wanna join them on stage – sign up now! We’re looking for amazing fools leaders in failure to show us the way.
- Failure is the F-Word in International Development
- If You’re Not Failing at ICT4D, You’re Not Trying Hard Enough
- Do Not Commit the 3 Fatal Sins in Disregarding End Users in ICT4D
- Girls in ICT Day: Inspirational Women to Know in the ICT Field
- Local Alternatives for Global Development: Rediscovering Libraries
- Congratulations to Ghana for first place in mobile-broadband penetration in Africa
Subscribe to our stories
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018
- Three years in a row: Mauritania continues to excel in its Doing Business performance May 27, 2018
- Africa RISING farming technologies reach 60,000 households in Ethiopia May 27, 2018
- 7 questions to ask before you launch an enterprise blockchain project May 27, 2018