Biometrics industry set to grow
November 11, 2013 Editor 0
Owing to the rapid development of biometric technology to meet increased demand for security, the global biometrics market will grow to $15-billion by 2015, compared with the market’s estimated value of $7-billion in 2012, says the Biometrics Research Group. Advancements in new security biometric technology are outpacing demand. “Biometric technology development started ten years ago and is only now becoming widely accepted by the public. Fingerprint, retina, facial, vein and DNA recognition have become accepted means of security identification,” says provider of security technology solutions ARINC security solutions business development manager Steve Horner.
Go to Source
- Big steps toward Ghana’s digital future
- Aren’t Medicine and Water More Important Than Telecommunications?
- Will Google and Facebook Drive the Drone Agenda in International Development?
- All things to all people: what the Internet means to our lives
- Lessons Learned From Working Firsthand in Malawi’s ICT Sector
- The One Thing Everyone Should Do Now to Improve Program M&E
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020