Africa: Pros and Cons of High-Tech TB Testing
October 30, 2013 Editor 0
[IRIN]London -A new, sophisticated diagnostic test for tuberculosis now being rolled out promises to be faster and more accurate than the old methods and much easier to use. But the first trials of the GeneXpert MTB/RIF Assay test in real-life situations have proved that while all this is true, it did not make any significant difference to treatment outcomes.
Go to Source
- Japanese fund to invest in promising technology against malaria, tuberculosis and Chagas disease
- World TB Day: Medical trial to tackle tuberculosis in South Africa
- SKA has key role in continent’s science and technology strategy
- An innovative system for 3D clinical photography in the resource-limited settings.
- Innovating for the developing world: meeting the affordability challenge.
- UP evaluating indigenous plants for cosmetic, medicinal use
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020