Register Now for ICTD 2013 in Cape Town, South Africa
October 29, 2013 Editor 0
The continued growth of the ICT4D field and surrounding community has led to many participants organising and coordinating their efforts in order to learn and engage with each other. This has been seen through the numerous mailing lists, discussion forums, and meet-ups that have sprung up.
The academic community has joined this drive in one way they know how – by organising a conference specifically targeted at ICTD research. The ICTD conference is in it’s 6th year, and has grown to be the largest and most recognised conference in the field.
The Sixth International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies and Development (ICTD2013) will be hosted at the University of Cape Town, December 7 – 10 2013. ICTD2013 is held in cooperation with ACM SIGCHI and ACM SIGCAS and ICTD is the world’s premier conference examining the role of computers and communications in social, economic and political development.
Although some sessions are strictly academic (plenary talks of peer-reviewed papers), many others are open to the community, and look at the interaction of academia with the public and private sectors. The Demos session is one of these.
This session will provide students, researchers, and practitioners with an international audience to showcase their work to. Demos may span novel hardware or software systems, video footage, or physical artefacts, amongst others. Commercial tools, and government initiatives are also welcome, as long as they have some relevance to the community.
More information about the conference and details of participation can be found at: http://ictd2013.info/
- The ICT4D Funding Conundrum And Why Pilotitis Needs to Change
- Aren’t Medicine and Water More Important Than Telecommunications?
- Technology that gets under your skin
- You Can Change the World of Hardware and Enter to Win a Google Nexus 7 Tablet
- Which ICT4D Projects Use Progressive Design Principles?
- The Role of ICTs in Child and Youth Migration and Mobility
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020