Brand Alliance, a Strategy to Enter New Markets and a Tool for Positioning
October 29, 2013 Editor 0
Brand alliance has emerged in the last two decades as a form of cooperation between two or more established brand names and has expanded as a business strategy to include both the production/ service sectors. This strategy is taking different forms; the most common one is co-branding which involves associating a single product with more than one brand name. .Another approach to create a brand alliance is brand licensing, in which one business obtains the rights to utilize the brand name owned by another business for a specific project or activity under a licensing agreement or contract. The third common approach is known as cross-marketing, and this implies the creation for a joint marketing campaign which allows two or more companies to promote each other and consequently broaden their prospective consumer bases.Brand alliance may be a short-term tactical partnership to increase awareness in the consumer’s minds, promote sales and provide urgent financial resources, as it may also be a long-term strategic tool for brand growth and development and marketing success. In this sense, relying on a case study which involves a contracted alliance since 2005, between Algeria post foundation and mobiles branch, the researcher will try to demonstrate the advantages of such a strategy for these two operators, as a tool to enlarge the target population, penetrate new markets, strengthen the brand image in the mind of the consumer and reinforce its competitive position.
Note: There is a file embedded within this post, please visit this post to download the file.
Go to Source
As Developing Economies Grow, Global Value Chains Reach a Turning Point The Role of the Complementary Sector and its Relationship with Network Formation and Government Policies in Emerging Sectors: The Case of Solar Photovoltaics Between 2001 and 2009
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021