Organisational Justice and Innovation in the Workplace: The case of the UAE
October 28, 2013 Editor 0
Purpose – This paper aims at exploring the links between employees’ perceptions of distributive, procedural and interactional justice on one hand and innovation climate and readiness to innovate on the other hand. The role of innovation climate in predicting readiness to innovate is also examined. Further, the study attempts to test the mediating role of innovation climate in justice-readiness to innovate relationship.Design/methodology/approach – A self-administered questionnaire was developed to survey 1000 employees from private and public sector organisations. The data was collected through a self-administered questionnaire and analyzed using SPSS. Findings – The findings revealed that perception of justice played a key role in employees’ perception of innovation climate. Innovation climate was found to be positively and significantly related to readiness to innovate. Employees’ readiness to try new ways of doing things and question the existing habits of the work tended to show significant and positive relationship to organizational justice. Innovation climate played a significant yet a partial role in mediating the link between justice and readiness to innovate.Research limitations/implications – The sample represented only governmental sector and only one emirate of the UAE’s seven emirates. The implications of the findings for researchers together with some future guidelines are discussed in the paper.Practical implications – The paper provides practitioners with some advice about understanding and managing justice and innovation.Originality/value – The paper is the first study in the UAE and the Middle East that examines the links between justice, innovation climate and readiness to innovate.
Go to Source
- The impact of OFDI on firm innovation in an emerging country
- To foster innovation, let a hundred flowers bloom?
- Expanding innovation among government leaders in the United Arab Emirates
- Can China be an innovation powerhouse?
- Innovation’s New World Order
- What Happened to the Innovation, Disruption, Technology’ Dividend?
Tags: Environment, Innovation, Organizational behavior, Organizational justice, United Arab Emirates
Vocational Ideation and Management Career Development Management Development and Co-Production: Myths and Realities
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
Popular Post-All time
- A review on biomass-based... 1k views
- Can blockchain disrupt ge... 807 views
- Apply Now: $500,000 for Y... 806 views
- Test Your Value Propositi... 759 views
- Prize-winning projects pr... 726 views