Infographic: Which countries have more mobile money accounts than bank accounts?
October 28, 2013 Editor 0
Despite selling its own services, this ad from Verifone shows Africa’s changing landscape towards cashless economies. Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, and Madagascar have more mobile money accounts than bank accounts. And Africa’s financial services sector is set to grow 40 percent by 2020, which paves the way for African economies to get a leg up in the global economy. Africa is showing the world how mobile money can help build economies.South Sudan. Photo: Mathieu Rouquette/Mercy Corps.
- What are the emerging markets for mobile payments in EA
- Kenya: New Mobile Service a Boost to Local Farmers
- Africa: Filling the White Spaces – Broadcast Broadband in Africa
- Affordable business training for entrepreneurs and community members at iHub
- Why African Entrepreneurs Outperform Their Peers When the Playing Field Is Leveled
- Ask our youth: How can we farm for billions?
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020