Global Ideas News Brief: Managing disaster risks + the globalization conversation
October 28, 2013 Editor 0
How innovative financing can build climate resilience in Africa
Communities across the world continue to experience weather-induced food shortages due to drought, floods, devastating wildfires and other climate change impacts. These populations — particularly those in rural, developing regions — will require tools and significant investment to protect themselves and their livelihoods from a warming world.
Entrepreneurship and innovation
Q&A: ‘Startup Rising’ author Christopher Schroeder on the tech-business revolution in the Middle East
Interview and book review.
10 Innovations Poised to Change Sustainable Industries
NASA, USAID, Nike and the U.S. State Department don’t sound like teammates, but they’re all equal participants in an international accelerator focusing on sustainable programs and social good.
- Agricultural revolution in Africa could increase global carbon emissions
- Uganda Hospitals App helps you find hospitals across the country while offline
- Tools of the Mobile-Enabled Disaster Responder
- SA space agency responds to growing demand for in-orbit satellite testing
- Surprises Are the New Normal; Resilience Is the New Skill
- Want to Change the World? Be Resilient.
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020