Global Ideas News Brief: Managing disaster risks + the globalization conversation
October 28, 2013 Editor 0
How innovative financing can build climate resilience in Africa
Communities across the world continue to experience weather-induced food shortages due to drought, floods, devastating wildfires and other climate change impacts. These populations — particularly those in rural, developing regions — will require tools and significant investment to protect themselves and their livelihoods from a warming world.
Entrepreneurship and innovation
Q&A: ‘Startup Rising’ author Christopher Schroeder on the tech-business revolution in the Middle East
Interview and book review.
10 Innovations Poised to Change Sustainable Industries
NASA, USAID, Nike and the U.S. State Department don’t sound like teammates, but they’re all equal participants in an international accelerator focusing on sustainable programs and social good.
- Agricultural revolution in Africa could increase global carbon emissions
- Uganda Hospitals App helps you find hospitals across the country while offline
- Tools of the Mobile-Enabled Disaster Responder
- SA space agency responds to growing demand for in-orbit satellite testing
- Surprises Are the New Normal; Resilience Is the New Skill
- Want to Change the World? Be Resilient.
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021