Uganda: Scientists Battle Striga (witchweed) in Uganda
October 27, 2013 Editor 0
[New Vision]Scientists in the region are battling Striga (witchweed) that has affected the productivity of staple foods such as maize, sorghum, millet and rice in the eastern part of the country.
Go to Source
- Developing a clean system for sweetpotato and cassava: A Bio-Innovate Program initiative
- Kenya: New Breed of Rice Raises Hopes for Domestic Rice Production
- Using biological control technologies on maize seeds to increase yields for smallholder farmers.
- Conservation and utilization of African Oryza genetic resources.
- Ghana: Country Has Bright Future in Robotics Science – NASA Engineer
- Developing a clean seed system for sweetpotato and cassava: A Bio-Innovate Program initiative
Subscribe to our stories
- In pictures: the 2019 Africa RISING Tanzania monitoring visit August 30, 2019
- Active Internationalization of Software Enterprises: Scale Development and Validation August 30, 2019
- The Manager’s Guide to Leveraging Disruption August 30, 2019
- Key take-aways from a recent Africa RISING exchange visit in Ghana August 30, 2019
- Device that recycles vaporized water from power plants wins MIT $100K May 28, 2019