Take your Business Model to the Next Level
October 27, 2013 Editor 0
The Innovation Excellence website posted an article by Marc Snikunas which noted that Alexander Osterwalder and Yves Pigneur’s Business Model Canvas has become the standard tool for describing an organization’s business model. Yet, our understanding of business models has developed considerably over the last decade. Having described 100+ business models using the canvas and having used it in consulting engagements with clients all over the world, I think it is time for an update. Based on a systematic literature review of components of the business model, I collected and analyzed 180 sources dealing with the business model concept and extracted 290 statements on what a business model is, what its role and components are. This research, combined with the practical experiences using the business model canvas and discussions with executives around the world, led to the development of a new template.
Click here to read the full article.
Categories: Open Innovation
Subscribe to our stories
- In pictures: the 2019 Africa RISING Tanzania monitoring visit August 30, 2019
- Active Internationalization of Software Enterprises: Scale Development and Validation August 30, 2019
- The Manager’s Guide to Leveraging Disruption August 30, 2019
- Key take-aways from a recent Africa RISING exchange visit in Ghana August 30, 2019
- Device that recycles vaporized water from power plants wins MIT $100K May 28, 2019