HealthMobile – Medical App Built in Africa Launches at Tinapa.
October 24, 2013 Editor 1
Healthcare delivery around the globe is taking a new technological twist and it is refreshing to know that Africa is not getting left behind. In this era of smart devices and high internet connectivity, each of us deserves better access to healthcare information from the ease of our mobile phones to better manage our health and make better-informed lifestyle choices. Healthcare data and trends are a big part of proper personal, social and big healthcare delivery.
The good news is that the much anticipated HealthMobile phone app is now available for download having launched officially on 21st October at the Tinapa Business Resort, and the company behind it are set to exceed expectations by making the content not only global, but personal, social and big.
HealthMobile is the second mobile phone application of the HealthBook Project. The initiative of creating a cross platform full feature app was founded by Joshua Ihejiamaizu and Johnson Okorie who are co-owners of NIXIT, the company directly responsible for managing HealthMobile.
The app in the long term will seek to combine native medical information with user-generated content to create a top web healthcare facility through which healthcare delivery can be made possible from any location, with or without the physical presence of a doctor. The content of the app is also geared towards helping doctors get smarter and ease the workload attached to their jobs.
HealthMobile provides Health Topics/Information, Health News focusing on various categories important to you, Food/Diet information for Lifestyle Planning, Hospital Locator service for finding the nearest hospital around you, Drugs/Supplements information, First Aid Information and videos to accompany.
The app is available for Android and BB 10 OS users.
Download the app from the link:
www.nexva.com/31673 or on the Google Play Store as ‘HealthMobile’ for Android
Join HealthMobile on Twitter LIVE updates @Health_Mobile
Categories: Apps, Feature Articles, Health
Tags: africa, Computing, Embedded Linux, Health informatics, HealthMobile, Health_Medical_Pharma, nigeria, smartphones, software, Technology_Internet
Please Stop Using the Term “Beneficiaries” in ICT4D How Do You Know What You Think You Know?
One thought on “HealthMobile – Medical App Built in Africa Launches at Tinapa.”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
Popular Post-All time
- A review on biomass-based... 1k views
- Apply Now: $500,000 for Y... 834 views
- Can blockchain disrupt ge... 816 views
- Test Your Value Propositi... 779 views
- Prize-winning projects pr... 740 views
Fantastic. You folks are on the right path!