SA space sector to benefit from new satellite project
October 22, 2013 Editor 0
The Department of Science and Technology (DST) and the South African National Space Agency (Sansa) both believe South Africa’s next satellite project will greatly benefit the country. “We have secured Treasury funding for the new satellite,” pointed out DST Chief Director: Space Science Humbulani Mudau. “It will be an operational satellite, not a technology demonstrator. The satellite will be part of the African Resources Management constellation. The design phase is almost complete.”
Go to Source
- What Happened to the Innovation, Disruption, Technology’ Dividend?
- Setting research priorities across science, technology, and health sectors: the Tanzania experience.
- 4 Reasons Why Global Satellite Internet Is A Fantasy
- From innovation to mass market: Lessons for the IoT
- If Digital Freedom is a Myth, How Can We Ethically Provide Access to Cutting-Edge Technology?
- Can urban innovation ecosystems be developed with little broadband infrastructure?
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020