Harnessing the Transformative Power of Technology to End Poverty
October 11, 2013 Editor 0
Information and communication technology (ICT) has become an engine of growth and is opening up major opportunities for transformational change. This technological revolution is driven by a continuing exponential decline in the cost of communication and information, and it is likely to continue to drive innovation and wealth creation. As the World Bank Group seeks to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity, the key questions are: Can ICT contribute substantially to achieving these goals? Where is the evidence? Can we systematically think about the challenges and opportunities? What is needed to realize ICT’s potential?
- Aren’t Medicine and Water More Important Than Telecommunications?
- Relevant and Essential: ICT for the New Bank
- Rwanda: Youth Meet to Develop ICT Solutions for Agriculture
- How ICTs Enhance Environmental Sustainability Projects
- 3 Signs That Women Are Gaining Power in the ICT Industry
- You Can Change the World of Hardware and Enter to Win a Google Nexus 7 Tablet
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020