Orange Uganda launches the Huawei Ascend G526 4G LTE device
October 5, 2013 Editor 0
Today Orange Uganda launched the Huawei Ascend G526 4G LTE Android Smartphone at the Golf course hotel Kampala.
The 4G device is the network’s move to lure its mobile subscribers to its 4G LTE network it launched two months ago. Up until now, iPhone 5 and higher, Nokia Lumia 820, 920 were among the few devices that were supported on the 4G network.
The Huawei Ascend G526 runs on the latest Android OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean) and comes with a Dual-core 1.2 GHz processor 1GB RAM, a microSD up to 32 GB. The device has a spectacular IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 5 MP, camera with autofocus and LED flash support. The Li-Ion 1950 mAh battery gives you up to Up to 8 h 20 min (2G) / and 3 h 40 min (3G) of talk time (Not yet verified by the TechPost).
With our preliminary tests with the device on Orange’s 4G network, we were able to hit almost 40Mbps downlink speeds which gave us an awesome experience when we Skyped and viewed some YouTube videos.
According to Ayo Sam Chris, the head of device services Huawei Uganda, his company “strives to satisfy customers with the latest technology at the most affordable price”.
What’s impressive about the 4G device and the Orange 4G network is that both can fallback to 3G and 2G networks. So should you happen to be in sites that don’t have 4G coverage or should you want to put your device to 2/3G to conserve your smartphone battery, you can still stay connected.
The device goes for UGX 899,000 ($352) and is available on Orange Stores countrywide.
You can follow the event on social media by following the Hashtag #HuaweiG526
The post Orange Uganda launches the Huawei Ascend G526 4G LTE device appeared first on TechPost.
- SA to host first Brics science, technology and innovation Ministerial meeting
- Mining Big Data to Find New Markets
- Africa: LRCN, NITDA Train Librarians On Software Application
- Knowledge Mapping: Encouragements and Impediments to Adoption
- Who Wins with the Smart Grid?: Uncertain economics cloud the grid’s future
- What Lies Ahead for Technology? You Decide
Tags: Huawei Ascend G526 4G
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020