Harnessing the power of lightning to charge a mobile phone
October 1, 2013 Editor 0
Scientists from the University of Southampton have collaborated with Nokia on ground-breaking, proof-of-concept research into harnessing the power of lightning for personal use, an industry first that could potentially see consumers tap one of nature’s significant energy sources to charge their devices in a sustainable manner.
Go to Source
- Accept the Smartphone Reality in Development. Everyone Else Has
- Is Facebook Zero the Future of Public Internet Access?
- Bringing Internet to the World’s Villages
- 5 Reasons Why Public Access Matters in the Age of Private Mobile Devices
- The Technology of Nonviolence: How cellphones and crowdsourcing are saving lives and livelihoods
- Free Wikipedia-via-SMS is coming to a mobile phone near you
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020