The Impact of Internet in Africa: The Good, Bad, and Unfulfilled Potential
September 30, 2013 Editor 0
Dalberg Global Development Advisors are coming to Uganda to present a finding of their 2013 study and report about the impact of internet in Africa. This will be in partnership with Mobile Monday Uganda and Google for Entrepreneurs.
The report describes the role of Internet on socioeconomic development and the potential of the sub Saharan Africa. The body of research was to identify and measure the economic benefits of Internet and broad band.
Most reports done before have found positive relationship between economic development and the internet, providing helpful starting points because they aggregated a wealth of data from an array of countries across the globe.
Though previous research tended to focus on macro-level data, which has limited ability to provide actionable recommendations for policymakers the available studies lack detailed analyses of the social and political value of the internet.
In contrast, this report defines the scope of economic benefits broadly, including opportunities to drive inclusive growth and to address social and inequality goals. Although it uses a macro-economic analysis to review the underlying enabling conditions, it relies heavily on a broad based survey of African businesses. It aims to understand the opportunities the Internet has brought these small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), the barriers business owners face as they try to tap opportunities, and the Internet’s potential future impact on them.
If you want to attend this event register through this link….
The post The Impact of Internet in Africa: The Good, Bad, and Unfulfilled Potential appeared first on TechPost.
- Africa: Mobile Texts to Give Sexual and Reproductive Health Information to Young People
- Health Affairs July issue contains global innovation studies from India And Brazil
- Trending: Online Learning Programs to Become More Innovative
- Why providing pre-seed and seed capital is the essential step to bringing West Africa and Sahel’s entrepreneurs to the next level
- The Rise of the Voluntary Humanitarian Technologist in Disaster Response
- The direct and indirect impact of culture on innovation
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021