Smarter Ways to Bridge the Innovation Gap
September 29, 2013 Editor 0
The Irish Times posted an article which noted that innovation is an essential element for business development and success, but many innovations fail. The key reasons for such failures, according to Prof Oliver Gassmann – a leader in the area of open innovation – include overengineering, poor timing and inadequate business models.By learning to avoid such failures, companies can learn how to successfully leverage innovation which will enable them to out-innovate their competitors. The key success factors for innovation include an open culture, adequate processes and instruments and a clear focus. Excellence is achieved by not only addressing new products based on new technologies, but also by business model innovation. Companies should open up the innovation process to include their customers, suppliers and non-suppliers and look outside their own industry.
Click here to read the full article.
Categories: Open Innovation
Subscribe to our stories
- Prize-winning projects promote healthier eating, smarter crop investments June 28, 2018
- Reliable energy for all June 28, 2018
- Making marble from bottles: plastic waste’s second life in Kenya June 28, 2018
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018