New solar cell sets world record, focusing the power of 297 suns
September 29, 2013 Editor 0
A new solar cell has broken all previous solar efficiency records by achieving 44.7% efficiency, meaning it converts almost half of all the light hitting it into energy.
Go to Source
- Scalable silicon-based optical fibre has solar-cell capabilities
- Stanford scientists build the first all-carbon solar cell
- There Are No ICT4D Shortcuts to Sustainable Development
- What Happened to the Innovation, Disruption, Technology’ Dividend?
- Setting research priorities across science, technology, and health sectors: the Tanzania experience.
- 4 Reasons Why Global Satellite Internet Is A Fantasy
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021