Energy-efficient routing for wireless sensor network using genetic algorithm and particle swarm optimisation techniques
September 29, 2013 Editor 0
There are several techniques for routing in wireless sensor network (WSN). Using minimum transmission energy model and minimum hop routing model techniques it may happen that the same path is used for more times and nodes on this route are drained of energy. This leads to network partition and thus, reduction in network lifetime which makes the routing algorithm unsuccessful and ineffective. Energy conservation in the WSN is of paramount importance. In this paper, we present energy-efficient routing techniques for two-tiered WSN using Genetic Algorithm, Particle Swarm Optimisation and A-Star algorithm based approach to enhance lifetime of the network. Result analysis shows that A-star algorithm based approach extends lifetime of sensor network comparatively more. But after network lifetime is over, PSO and GA based approach preserves more stronger nodes which signifies that selection/rotation of cluster head strategy can improve performance of network.
Go to Source
- Mobile Phone Middleware Architecture for Energy and Context Awareness in Location-Based Services.
- The Metrics Sales Leaders Should Be Tracking
- The evolution of startup competitions: The case of Pivot East
- Africa: Online Film Platform Buni TV Reaches 2 Million Views in Year
- Developing a clean system for sweetpotato and cassava: A Bio-Innovate Program initiative
- Technology transfer organizations: Services and business models
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021