Analyzing the sustainability of a newly developed servi An activity theory perspective
September 25, 2013 Editor 0
Publication date: Available online 19 September 2013Source:Technovation
Author(s): Fu-Ren Lin , Pei-Shan Hsieh
New service development (NSD) is the process of creating new services to fulfill target customers’ needs. It is essential that an NSD project team cooperate across organizational boundaries and various disciplines to achieve the sustainability goal of an NSD project. This study adopted Activity Theory to understand dynamics of complex service innovation system and model the actions taken by different entities in telehealth service projects, in which we identified important contradictions that affect the sustainability of newly developed services. Based on multiple case study findings, this research identified challenges for these new service development projects such as user needs identification, the involvement of emergent technology and collaboration between entities from different industries. This study contributes to the NSD research by proposing five propositions which could be used for guiding stakeholders to effectively manage NSD projects to offer sustainable newly developed services.
- Rural entrepreneurship or entrepreneurship in the rural – between place and space
- Confessions of an ICT4D Advisor: I Hate Technology.
- Mobiles for Development Partnerships are Still Hard!
- The Big Trends Changing Community Development
- A paradigm shift for SMEs: Leveraging sustainability as a driver for innovation
- Sustainable Business Initiatives Will Fail Unless Leaders Change Their Mindset
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021