Call For Expression Of Interest In The Agri Hack Championship Rwanda
September 24, 2013 Editor 0
There is a call for expressions of interest in the Agri – Hack Championship from 4th to 8th November in Rwanda.
The Technical Center for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) and the Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources (MINAGRI) Rwanda, are organizing an international conference on ICT for Agriculture (ICT4Ag) in Kigali. The ICT4Ag conference will promote the application of ICTs in the Agricultural sector with particular emphasis on value chains, advocacy and policy development as posted on their website.
There is going to be a regional hackathon on ICT4Ag solution as one of the activities that will run during the conference. This is a pilot experience and focuses only on East African hackers. All private and public sector who run innovation, entrepreneurship hubs/ communities in this region can express interest in being partners nominating and supporting teams to the finals of the regional competition.
Hive Colab and Outbox are some of the private partners who were selected to run a national selection event in Uganda to choose two teams to represent at the Hackathon. These are now inviting and welcoming you to nominate a team or product or even self nominate to participate in the upcoming CTA ICT4Ag National selection event to take place at Outbox on the 30th September starting at 5:00 PM.
The Objectives of the Agri-hack Championship are to; showcase the potentials of ICT applications in Agriculture at the ICT4Ag conference and support the development of ICT innovations and entrepreneurship in Agriculture.
To be a part of the National selection event, you can nominate your own team or another team that is developing an ICT app in Agriculture. The Agri- Hack Championship seeks to address the following challenges;
Challenge 1: How can bi-directional information sharing and communication between farmers and extension workers be encouraged or improved? Key areas of interest include information sharing and advisory on soil fertility, fertilizers, weather information, pests, diseases, access to localized farming inputs, multimedia content and ability to verify counterfeit products.
Challenge 2: Through ICT applications, how can access to financial services be made easier for farmers through a disruptive, innovative tool?
Below is the submission form posted by Patricia Kahill on scribd which you can download and fill in then send to Richard Zulu of Outbox at firstname.lastname@example.org, Brian Ndyaguma of Hive Colab email@example.com and Daniel Stern firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted products, teams will be invited to give a pitch of their product at the National Selection Contest to be hosted by Outbox on the evening of Monday 30th September.Editor’s Note: The deadline for submission of interest is 25th September 2013.
The post Call For Expression Of Interest In The Agri Hack Championship Rwanda appeared first on TechPost.
- Canonical lowers cost of Ubuntu smartphone in bid to reach crowdfunding goal
- Knowledge sources and innovative performance: evidence from Nigerian manufacturing firms
- Fossil Fuel Making It’s Comeback – Renewable Energy Sector’s Still In War of Competitiveness
- Simple technologies still matter
- Grants4Targets: an open innovation initiative to foster drug discovery collaborations.
- In early tests, iPhone 5 customers praise fast LTE wireless speeds
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021