Wanted: Innovative Sustainable Business Models
September 17, 2013 Editor 0
The Guardian website noted that the promise of business-model innovation has long captivated the sustainability field, generating plenty of hype. But all the talk has yet to yield many real business-model changes. You might not know it to hear companies talk. Any business change can end up being classified as “business model innovation”, but the majority of innovations we see involve changes in companies’ processes and/or products, not underlying business models. There is an urgent need for fundamentally different approaches to creating, delivering and capturing value. Here are a few important reasons to focus on true business-model innovation.
Click here to read the full article.
Categories: Open Innovation
Subscribe to our stories
- Virtual reality as an urban tourism destination marketing tool January 26, 2020
- Exploring VR experiences of tourists' attachment to a rural destination January 26, 2020
- Sustainable intensification: Is a systems perspective essential for integrated crop-livestock systems? January 16, 2020
- Disseminating maize agronomy technologies using interactive voice response in Malawi–the opportunities and pitfalls January 12, 2020
- Towards a communication-based typology of management control modes: showing the relevance of communicative action for entrepreneurial settings December 24, 2019