On the short period production planning in industrial plants: a real case study
September 17, 2013 Editor 0
The present research work proposes a simulation-based tool for short period production planning in industrial plants. The tool has been specifically developed for a real manufacturing system that produces high pressure hoses in the south of Italy. During the developmental phase, an advanced simulation approach, based on programming code and tables for information storage, was adopted. As a result the proposed modelling architecture ensures flexibility and high computational efficiency and allows comparison of the system's performances under different production planning scenarios obtained by applying dispatching rules, Genetic Algorithms (GAs) and Ant Colony Optimisation (ACO) algorithms. The suitability of the simulation outputs is ensured by the verification and validation activities carried out in the developmental phase; furthermore, specific subroutines allow the full integration of the simulation model with the company's ERP system.
Go to Source
- Stop Demonising Foreign Investors in Agriculture, They’re Not Grabbing Land
- How to Manage Conflict in Virtual Teams
- Stretching the Concept of Open Innovation
- Assessing Awareness and Implementation of a Recommendation for Surgical Innovation Committees: A Survey of Academic Institutions.
- RISING voices: Temesgen Alene, Africa RISING Research site coordinator for Basona Worena Woreda in Ethiopia
- Rowing Against the Current: The Diversification Challenge in Africa’s Resource-Rich Economies
Tags: industrial plants
New ventures in an emerging industry: access to and use of international resources Human factors for capacity building: lessons learned from the OpenMRS implementers network.
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
Popular Post-All time
- A review on biomass-based... 1k views
- Apply Now: $500,000 for Y... 834 views
- Can blockchain disrupt ge... 816 views
- Test Your Value Propositi... 779 views
- Prize-winning projects pr... 740 views