Multicriteria approach for process modelling in strategic environmental management planning
September 16, 2013 Editor 0
The objective of this paper is to propose a multicriteria methodological approach based on the Analytic Network Process methodology (ANP) in order to examine the scope and feasibility of a process modelling integrated with public participation for environmental assessment. In fact, environmental challenges decisions are often characterized by complexity, irreversibility and uncertainty. Much of the complexity arises from the multiple-use nature of goods and services, difficulty in monetary valuation of ecological services and the involvement of numerous stakeholders. From this point of view multicriteria techniques and process modelling are considered as a promising framework to take into account conflictual, multidimensional, incommensurable and uncertain effects of decisions explicitly. In particular the integration of ANP with tools for public participation and process modelling pose certain methodological challenges, but provide an innovative approach to designing the scope of the environmental assessment and defining and assessing alternatives.
Go to Source
- Manage Implementation of Open Innovation Strategy
- ‘They hear Africa” and they think that there can’t be any good services’ – perceived context in cross-national learning: a qualitative study of the barriers to Reverse Innovation.
- Another startup is trying to provide context around the news — this time using opinion writing
- Intel CodeZone Presents ‘Silicon Savannah: How To Make It In Kenyan Tech’ | Friday August 16th | 2 – 5 pm | Strathmore University
- NineSigma: 5 Common Myths about Open Innovation
- 7 Aspirations for Better ICT4D in 2015
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020