Multicriteria approach for process modelling in strategic environmental management planning
September 16, 2013 Editor 0
The objective of this paper is to propose a multicriteria methodological approach based on the Analytic Network Process methodology (ANP) in order to examine the scope and feasibility of a process modelling integrated with public participation for environmental assessment. In fact, environmental challenges decisions are often characterized by complexity, irreversibility and uncertainty. Much of the complexity arises from the multiple-use nature of goods and services, difficulty in monetary valuation of ecological services and the involvement of numerous stakeholders. From this point of view multicriteria techniques and process modelling are considered as a promising framework to take into account conflictual, multidimensional, incommensurable and uncertain effects of decisions explicitly. In particular the integration of ANP with tools for public participation and process modelling pose certain methodological challenges, but provide an innovative approach to designing the scope of the environmental assessment and defining and assessing alternatives.
Go to Source
- Product-process connect in a regenerative innovation decision framework relating feasibility, impact and complexity
- Sustainable Innovation 2013
- Software product innovation in agile usability teams: an analytical framework of social capital, network governance, and usability knowledge management
- Emerging Requirements for Technology Management: A Sector-based Scenario Planning Approach
- Social capital and innovation in the services sector
- CALL FOR PAPERS: Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Sustainability in Natural Resource-Intensive Economies.
Subscribe to our stories
- Prize-winning projects promote healthier eating, smarter crop investments June 28, 2018
- Reliable energy for all June 28, 2018
- Making marble from bottles: plastic waste’s second life in Kenya June 28, 2018
- A regional enterprise to commercialize an integrated technology for waste water treatment and biowaste conversion in eastern Africa May 27, 2018
- Dr Peggy Oti-Boateng May 27, 2018