Factors Supporting Knowledge Integration in Global Innovation Projects: An Exploratory Study
September 16, 2013 Editor 0
This exploratory study identifies the factors which contribute to effective knowledge integration in global innovation projects through an in-depth analysis of two case studies. Knowledge integration is analysed in two components: knowledge (individual expertise), and integration (working together). Our analysis highlights three distinct ways that individuals think about individual expertise: individual knowledge and competence; feeling valued; and unfamiliar areas. We also identify four ways in which individuals think about working together: good social relations; cultural distance; negotiation skills; and better results through working with others. Using examples from the case studies, we discuss how these factors enable knowledge integration in globally distributed innovation projects. We also propose a model indicating how these factors impact on knowledge integration and innovation performance. This study contributes towards management guidance, which is currently lacking in the area of knowledge integration.
- A study of impacts on online purchase behaviour: information richness and website interactivity perspectives
- What exactly is an entrepreneur?
- 9 Ethical Considerations in Participatory Digital Mapping with Communities
- Zimbabwe: Zimfon Unveils Low-Cost Facility
- Why Your IT Project Needs a Cognitive Scientist
- 10 African Startups to Enter Meffy’s from Mobile Entertainment Africa Conference. Adds New Social & Innovation Awards
Subscribe to our stories
- Entrepreneurial Alertness, Innovation Modes, And Business Models in Small- And Medium-Sized Enterprises December 30, 2021
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021