The use of benevolent leadership development to advance principles of responsible management education
September 4, 2013 Editor 0
Purpose – The purpose of this paper is to proposes benevolent leadership development as a framework to incorporate principles of responsible management education to mainstream management curriculum, specifically within the context of leadership courses. Design/methodology/approach – The illustrative processes, exercises, and projects in this paper come from leadership development courses offered in Turkey and in Canada. Findings – This paper presents four anchors that support benevolent leadership development: ethical sensitivity, spiritual depth, positive engagement, and community responsiveness. Research limitations/implications – The paper develops the framework of benevolent leadership as a means to impart the principles of responsible management. Practical implications – The paper shares pedagogical strategies to incorporate benevolent leadership in leadership development courses through use of individual and team projects and exercises. Originality/value – The paper shares a theoretical framework and practical insights for incorporating multiple literacies and sensitivities – namely morality, spirituality, positivity, and community – in leadership development.
Go to Source
- Transfer more, benefit more? An institutional framework for understanding the use of interorganizationally and intraorganizationally transferred knowledge
- Emerging Technology: What is it?
- Can Africa’s tech start-up scene rise to the next level?
- HealthMobile – Medical App Built in Africa Launches at Tinapa.
- ICT must be used in improving the employability of youth
- Confronted with Attractive Female Opponents, Male Chess Players Take Greater Risks
Subscribe to our stories
- The Strategic Role of Design in Driving Digital Innovation June 10, 2021
- Correction to: Hybrid mosquitoes? Evidence from rural Tanzania on how local communities conceptualize and respond to modified mosquitoes as a tool for malaria control June 10, 2021
- BRIEF FOCUS: Optimal spacing for groundnuts in smallholder farming systems June 9, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic: impacts on the achievements of Sustainable Development Goals in Africa June 9, 2021
- Explicit knowledge networks and their relationship with productivity in SMEs May 30, 2021