Africa: New Report Proposes Steps to Boost Food Growing
September 4, 2013 Editor 0
[allAfrica]Cape Town -Africa has 60 percent of the world’s arable land and most of its countries depend on farming as the mainstay of their economies, yet productivity is low, the average size of land holdings is shrinking, soil fertility is declining, fertilizer use is the lowest in the world and rural people are unable to break out of poverty.
Go to Source
- On Opposite Continents, 2 Individuals Turning Waste Into Wealth
- New satellite project to simulate SA space sector
- CSIR signs US licensee deal for laser technology
- Alcatel-Lucent to upgrade EASSy submarine cable system along Africa’s eastern and southern coast
- WHO cone bio-assays of classical and new-generation long-lasting insecticidal nets call for innovative insecticides targeting the knock-down resistance mechanism in Benin.
- Measuring Creativity for Innovation Management
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020