Quotable: Internet for the next 5 billion people
September 2, 2013 Editor 0
Extending Internet access, in an almost costless way, to the next 5 billion people is key for solving all social problems. Using the combined power of technology and social business will enable any individual anywhere in the planet to change the world in the fastest possible time. Internet.org will help transform a small piece of solution of a giant problem, in one unknown location, into a global solution.
– Muhammad Yunus, founder of the Grameen Bank, endorsing Facebook’s Internet.org project.
But not everyone agrees: Three Reasons Zuckerberg’s Internet for All Crusade Rings Hollow (TIME)A computer training session by Mercy Corps in Sudan. Photo: Miguel Samper for Mercy Corps.
- Molecular diversity of Chickpea chlorotic dwarf virus in Sudan: high rates of intra-species recombination – a driving force in the emergence of new strains.
- Entrepreneurship education in Sudan
- How to Scale Community Impact With a Market-Based Approach
- To Harmonize or Not to Harmonize? The Case of Cross-national Biotechnology Governance in Southern Africa
- The China-Africa Bond: Science, Technology and Engineering Diplomacy
- Google Nexus 5 Is Out: Africa Is Still Not Part Of The Plan
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020