Kenya: Airtel, Softbank Trial Cost Effective 3G to Rural Areas Using Satellite
September 1, 2013 Editor 0
[CIO]Bharti Airtel Limited (hereafter “Bharti Airtel”) and SoftBank Mobile Corp. (hereafter “SoftBank Mobile”) announced today that the two companies have successfully developed a practical technology to provide cost-efficient 3G mobile phone services using a communications satellite as a transmission line following a field trial conducted in actual environments in the Republic of Kenya.
Go to Source
- Orange on the Verge of exiting several African markets, starting with Uganda
- British Council and Bharti Airtel launch digital learning hubs across sub-saharan Africa
- Free Wikipedia-via-SMS is coming to a mobile phone near you
- Kenya: British Council, Microsoft and Bharti Airtel Open Up Learning Channels in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Airtel and Warid Innovate as Sim Registration Deadline Draws Near
- Security in VoIP
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020