Please RSVP for Mobiles! What Have We Learned? Where Are We Going?
August 24, 2013 Editor 0
Over the last decade, as mobile technologies have become more ubiquitous, they have moved from the fringes of international development activities into core platforms for service delivery across sectors.
We’ve had opportunities to pilot ideas, apply public and private sector approaches, and scale innovations. It’s time to critically examine our progress, and plan for a future where mobile technology will permeate every aspect of our work.
Please join DAI, Development Gateway, FHI 360, IREX, and USAID for a one-day conference on the impact of mobiles in development:
Mobiles! What have we learned? Where are we going?
September 26th, 2013
FHI 360 Conference Center
8:30 am – 5 pm: 100 person limit Conference, RSVP required
5 pm – 8 pm: Reception and Big Ideas Presentations, open to the public, RSVP required
This event will have two unique takeaways:
- The opportunity to reflect on the progress in using mobiles for development with key industry leaders who shaped the mobile environment we see today.
- The chance to build a collective view of the future, learn new approaches and funding models from the entrepreneurs themselves, and gain insight into practical next steps.
- Learning the ABCs of pregnancy and newborn care through mobile technology.
- What are the emerging markets for mobile payments in EA
- 7 African Mobile Phone Service Tariffs and Bundles
- An African LTE Mobile Network Future
- Mobiles for Development Partnerships are Still Hard!
- Short film: Uganda’s love of mobile money
Subscribe to our stories
- SL Crowd Green Solutions September 21, 2020
- Digital transformation in the banking sector: surveys exploration and analytics August 3, 2020
- Why Let Others Disrupt You? Take the Smart Self-Disruption Journey! August 3, 2020
- 5 Tips for Crowdfunding During the Pandemic August 3, 2020
- innovation + africa; +639 new citations August 3, 2020